Heathrow Case Study
Driving Digital Performance at Heathrow
Eight-month assignment beginning with immersion in the business at Heathrow Airport.
- Digital revenue growth had been plateauing over the last five years
- An increasingly competitive environment with lower prices in the market with turbulent external factors (Brexit, strikes)
- Stakeholder engagement across the business to understand context and ambition
“You rarely come across standout digital expertise and remarkable communication skills like Evolution Engineers. Having worked with them across numerous projects, I highly value their insights, talent and partnership.
If you want digital step-change, work with Evolution Engineers.”
Peter Burns, Heathrow’s Director of Marketing & Digital
Discover: Analytics Review
After investment in digital, there had been an explosion of data and a vacuum of insights. To achieve progress, the benchmarking showed the approach to data needed to mature; going from the limited and siloed approaches to launching a ‘Data-Driven Operating Model’ (DDOM).
Design: Strategy & Planning
The brief was clear. What could digital achieve and how do you share digital and commercial accountabilities across a complex organisation?
Design: Forecasting the Future
- Using data science, a unique model to understand the potential performance across key ecommerce metrics was built
- Accountability framework created to share and measure success across numerous commercial touchpoints
- Presented to and refined with a broad range of commercial and operational stakeholders
Do: Implement & Optimise
Over 40 recommendations to improve specific areas of performance implemented.
Do: Merchandising to Millions of Visitors
- Specific optimisation to individual steps in the purchase journey
- Content enhancements for key promotional areas
- Technical improvements on page rendering to better the user experience
In-house teams applied recommendations as a cost-effective approach.
Recommended measurement framework being used to assess uplift from the test and appraisal of broader commercial impact